Bhutan Tours and Travels will handle all visa processing work for our clients in collaboration with Tourism Council and Department of Immigration. Visas are only issued to tourists booked with a local licensed tour operator like BTT. Visa clearance must be obtained before coming to Bhutan, there are no visa on arrivals. Visa clearance takes at least 10 to 14 days to process. Air tickets to Bhutan cannot be purchased without a visa clearance and a passport copy. At your point of entry the visa will be stamped in your passport upon presenting the visa approval letter sent to you by Bhutan Tours and Travels.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets a Daily Minimum Tariff for packages to Bhutan. These tariffs are set in US dollars ($) and must be paid in USD or equivalent to it, prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The daily minimum tariff is applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan is a minimum of USD250 per person/night.
Tourists travelling in a group of two people or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the daily minimum tariff. These are as follows
· Single individual – US$ 40 per night
· Couple or 2 individuals – US$ 30 per person per night
1. A one time fee of USD 40 is applicable for visa processing.
2. Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on minimum daily package rate.
3. Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall be given 25% discount on minimum daily package rate.
4. The daily minimum tariff covers all your costs from accommodation in 3 star accommodations, all meals, all land transport and all tours are guided by a certified tour guide. It does not cover airfare, hotel upgrade, luxury package will be additional, drinks and personal expenses.